Thursday, January 22, 2009

I Sing

Dear LittleDude,

Today, I finally stopped. I think I've been running around for months, always looking at the next thing. First, it was getting to the start of the semester in school. Then it was midterms. Then Daddy coming home. Then finals. Then leave. Then being sick and in the hospital. (Well, I wasn't looking forward to that, exactly, but it happened, and we're okay.) Then the holidays in Minnesota. And since then, I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off just trying to get everything ready for your arrival (which isn't done...but, hey, I'm only human, and you might as well learn that now).

But today, just a few minutes ago, I finally stopped. Just for a minute. And I fell in love more than I ever thought possible, one more time. No TV, no music, no barking dog going nuts about the noisy maintenance people who are doing invisible work in the hallway. Just me on the couch with you kicking inside my belly. And I sang. And I think you liked it and drifted off to sleep. I am so in love, it's ridiculous.

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment