Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Surprise!

Dear Monkey,

Well, this is a surprise!

After a few weeks of feeling not quite right and complaining far too often about feeling nauseated, your grandma and one of my friends, Phyllis, both asked -- on the same day, in separate conversations -- if I might be pregnant. At first, I scoffed, but then I realized your daddy had just been home for 18 days of mid-tour leave, and a light bulb went off.

The only thing I hate is that your daddy is overseas again, so I had to tell him about you over instant messenger. I always thought I would be able to tell him about you, our first child, in some cute and creative way. But, life is like that much of the time. As the saying goes, it's what happens when you're making plans.

I love you.
Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment