Monday, January 2, 2012

No Ducks Here!

Dear LittleDude,

Lately, one of your favorite games has involved curling up in bed with Mommy and Daddy and pretending to, alternately, fall asleep (complete with fake snoring) and wake up with a start. You particularly like to play this game after dark when turning off all the lights ensures complete darkness (really...you get a little miffed if you see light filtering under the door from the living room).

Tonight, as you were declaring, "No light!" and turning off the lamps, I was teasing you by turning the lamp back on the moment you moved your hand away from the switch.

After about the fifth time, you looked at me and demanded, "Stop it, Mama!"

"But I'm afraid of the dark!" I cried.

To which you replied with all the sincerity in the world, "I'm not a duck!" before flicking off the lamp anyway.

I love you.
Love, Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment