Saturday, November 5, 2011

Little Action. Big Impact.

Dear LittleDude,

Today, small actions of discipline started making a big impact. Yesterday, if I said "no," you'd either listen or ignore me. If you ignored me, I would say "no" more emphatically or -- if necessary -- grab your hand, pull you away from the danger, take whatever curiosity your curious little hands had latched onto away, or whatnot. Then you would throw a little fit and move on. Today, I said "no," and your little face crumpled like the world had just ended because we disagreed on whether or not the dining room table really needed a silver crayon motif. This must be what your Gammoo was talking about when she used to tell me punishing me hurt her more than it hurt her.

I love you.
Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment